Salt Lake City Criminal Defense Attorney
Get a Former Salt Lake City-County Prosecutor on Your Side
Getting arrested can be an emotionally overwhelming situation, no matter if it is your first time or fourth time facing the criminal justice system.
A conviction carries serious penalties, including a lengthy jail or prison sentence, fines worth thousands of dollars, and a criminal record that cause irreparable damage to your personal life and professional reputation.
In order to avoid getting convicted, you need to hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer to protect your rights and freedom.
If you or a loved one has been charged with a crime in Salt Lake City, Utah, let Christensen Law defend you inside and outside the courtroom. Remember, just because you have been arrested or charged doesn’t mean that you are automatically guilty.
Let us help you obtain the most favorable result in court.
Do not hesitate to call (801) 890-5109 or fill out our law firm online contact form today to schedule your initial consultation.
How Our Defense Attorney Can Help With Your Criminal Charges
With more than 27 years of legal experience as a state prosecutor, Attorney Dave Clark has extensive knowledge of both sides of the Utah courtroom to develop an aggressive and personalized defense strategy on your behalf.
Our legal team can investigate your criminal case, collect and analyze evidence, negotiate with the prosecution, and fight for you at trial.
Our firm in Utah handles the following types of criminal cases:
- Lewdness – This sex crime is a catchall phrase that means performing a sexual act in public with the intent to offend. Common offenses include indecent exposure or public urination.
- Criminal Mischief – Intentionally destroying another person’s property or disrupting a public utility is considered criminal mischief in Utah. Also commonly known as vandalism, this offense can be prosecuted as either a misdemeanor or felony, depending on the circumstances of the criminal case.
- DUI – In Utah, you can get arrested for driving under the influence for having a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of at least .05 percent—unlike most states where the legal limit is .08 percent—or while impaired by alcohol and/or drugs. Whether you are charged with a misdemeanor or felony DUI, our firm can help you.
- Forcible Rape – Rape is one of the most serious sex crimes in Utah and in other states throughout the country. Not only can a conviction result in life imprisonment and tens of thousands of dollars in fines, but it can also lead to having to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life.
- Theft/ Embezzlement – Also known as larceny, theft is defined as unlawfully gaining control of property or services with the intent to deprive the owner of their property or money for their services. Embezzlement is a type of theft that occurs when a person who is entrusted with certain assets uses such assets for unintended purposes. Our defense attorney proudly defends clients accused of a wide range of theft offenses.
- Assault – Simple assault occurs when a person threatens to cause bodily injury to someone else, while aggravated assault is accompanied by threats involving substantial bodily injury, using a deadly weapon, or causing someone to lose consciousness. Our firm handles both types of assault offenses.
- Domestic Violence Assault – Committing or attempting to commit harm against a family member or a cohabitant, such as a current or former spouse, current or former dating partner, or people who have children together. Our defense attorney proudly defends clients facing both misdemeanor and felony domestic violence charges.
- Homicide – Considered one of the most serious crimes of all, murder or homicide means intentionally or knowingly causing the death of another person. Our firm handles murder, manslaughter, negligent homicide, and vehicular homicide in Utah.
If you don’t see your case above, do not hesitate to set up a free consultation with our firm to see how we can help.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Defense Attorney Today!
No matter if you are facing a misdemeanor or a felony offense, look no further than Christensen Law to guide you through the complexities of the criminal justice system.
We are ready to help you through this difficult and trying time.
Contact us today at (801) 890-5109 for more information about our experienced criminal defense services in Salt Lake City, Utah.
I will never be able to thank them enough. Best law firm ever.- Michaela H.
I would recommend this firm to anyone and plenty of people I know have used them.- Rebecca Z.
Steve has made history with our case, fighting a nearly impossible case and won- Holley P.
I cannot recommend and thank them enough!- Christian J.
Steve has been great to work with!- Former Client
Strategic Legal Advocacy with Proven Results
Create Creative Solutions for Each Case
Willing to Go the Extra Mile
Dedicated & Experienced Team of Attorneys